Healthy eating is all about getting the best nutrition and controlling your diet as per your body’s needs. A good diet will keep you healthy and full of energy. Healthy eating is all about discipline and self-control. A good planned diet can definitely reduce your risk of getting diseases. It keeps one physically as well as mentally healthy. Healthy eating is not about cutting food from your diet, it is about maintaining food intake and getting the required nutrition for your body. It is all about developing good habits which will help keep you healthy. This article will guide you on how to plan a healthy diet and develop healthy eating habits. Here are three steps for planning a healthy diet.
Healthy Eating Step #1 – Prepare Yourself For Success
Every person tries to adopt a diet plan which will help them get slimmer and healthier. However, the majority of them don’t stick to their plan for long and give up in a few days. Lack of motivation and lack of self determination is the reason for it.
- Keep things simple: Don’t go crazy counting calories and fat. Instead, try to get different types and colors of fruits and vegetables. Also, you don’t need to cook yourself complicated dishes to stay healthy. You can get your nutrition from simple and easy dishes. Focus on different, yet easy dishes, so you can utilize your precious time and save yourself from unnecessary hardship.
- Don’t let it get boring: Always try to have as many different dishes as you can. Also, make sure that your food tastes good, otherwise, you might lose interest in maintaining your new diet. Be creative! Cook different types of food. Try to eat different types of healthy and tasty dishes whenever you can.
- Enjoy the change: Many people get sick of the change, and switch back to their old diet. This stops a person from developing healthy eating habits. Keeping things interesting and fun is really important. Enjoy the change you have made in your life! This change is going to help you get better and healthier. Getting yourself a healthy diet is definitely the best decision you can make in your life.
Healthy Eating Step #2- Consult Your Doctor
It is important that you talk with your doctor before you start your new diet plan. This could save you from unexpected health problems in the future. Before you start any healthy eating diet plan or exercise plan, it is important that you talk about it with your doctor.
- Get a full health checkup: Health checkups helps a person find any unknown health problem a person might have. It is important as it can also help prevent unwanted diseases and problems. Every person should go under a health checkup at least once a year.
- Ask doctor, What Foods To Avoid: If you are suffering from some health problem, it is important that you consult with your doctor about what foods to avoid. Eating the wrong foods can even be life threatening in some cases. For example, someone with diabetes must not consume sugar or sugary foods.
- Discuss the complications and risk: You should discuss with your doctor the changes in your diet and about certain foods that might posses some risks and complications to your health. Discussing the diet will help you in avoiding the risks of any health problems.
Healthy Eating Step #3- Make the plan
So, after doing the research, its time to make your diet plan! On average, a person needs around 2000 calories everyday. Every person needs different amount of calories according to the size of their body. Using BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), you can find out how much calories you need everyday. Spreading the amount of calories required through out the day will provide the best health results.
- Breakfast: Never skip your breakfast! Make sure you get at least 400 calories from breakfast. Your breakfast should include foods that are high in protein and contains lots of dietary fiber. This will keep you active and energetic for the whole day. You can have a hardboiled egg with whole grain toast and one glass of apple juice for your breakfast.
- Lunch: Many people skip eating lunch to lose body weight. However, this rarely helps them in losing weight. Lunch helps keep your metabolism active. Having lunch can re-energize you and help you stay active for several hours. It is recommended to consume foods high in carbohydrates and protein for lunch. Your lunch should give you at least 500 calories a day.
- Snacks: Adding snacks between meals can help you perform better at work and at school. It’s good to have a snack twice a day. Eating a small snack during the afternoon can boost your efficiency to get your tasks done. Your snacks (twice a day) should provide a minimum of 170 calories and should have healthy fats and carbohydrates.
- Dinner: It is good to have a lighter meal for your dinner. Try to get at least 450 calories from your dinner. Your dinner should include foods that are high in fiber and contain little fat. You can have an ounce of lean chicken with half a cup cooked brown rice for your dinner.
To help you plan your diet, we are giving away a monthly diet planner in different formats. You can download it from below.
Download Diet Planner:
You are free to use, modify, share this monthly diet planner for personal as well as commerical purpose.
Tips For Planning Healthy Diet Plan:-
Understand your body needs: Every person has a different body and different needs! You should make your diet according to your body’s capacity. Also make sure that you don’t punish your body by changing your diet drastically. Make your diet plan as per your body type and health.
Eat in Moderation: It is important that you maintain moderation in your diet. If you ban certain foods, you are more likely to crave it. It is better that you have that certain food in small portions. This will help you stick with your plan and keep things enjoyable as you don’t have to ban your favorites.
Fat is not bad for you: Fat is important for the health of your brain, cells, heart and even hair and nails. It is important that you understand the difference between good fats and bad fats. Try to add more monounsaturated fats (almonds, hazelnuts, peanut oil and olive oil) and polyunsaturated fats (walnuts, soybeans, sunflower, corn) in your diet. Avoid saturated fats (like red meat) and trans fat (like cookies, baked and fried foods) in your daily diet.
Include More Vegetables and Fruits in diet: Having too much meat in your diet is not healthy for your heart and health. Try to include different types of vegetables and fruits. Include vegetables and fruits of different colors in your diet. To get all the needed vitamins and minerals, it is important to maintain diversity in your diet.
Reduce Salt and Sugar intake: Sugar can cause weight and heart problems. It brings ups and downs in a persons health. Too much salt causes high blood pressure and other heart problems. Avoiding salt and sugar will definitely help you stay healthier and prevent many different diseases.
Calcium is important: Calcium is necessary for your bone and over all health. Beans and dairy products are great sources of calcium. Also, don’t forget to get your daily dose of vitamin-D, vitamin-K and magnesium, which helps calcium to do its job. Lack of calcium could cause serious health problems like osteoporosis.
Protein for stronger body: Protein is essential for the maintenance of cells, organs and tissues. Lack of protein will cause weakness in muscles and over all immunity and energy of the body. Foods like beans, nuts, soy products, chicken, and meat are great sources of protein. Also, avoid consuming meat and chicken that are pumped up with antibiotics and hormones. They do more harm than good.
Drink plenty of water: A person should drink around 1.2 litres of fluid everyday. In hotter climates, one needs more than that to protect oneself from dehydration. Water is very important for healthy functioning of the body.
Don’t Forget To Exercise: Exercising will help you stay more active and help you build better muscles and improve blood circulation in your body. Just walking 30 minutes a day can help your body get healthier and stronger. Make exercising a part of your daily routine, it’ll benefit you a lot in the long term.
Fat is important for the health of your brain, cells, heart and even hair and nails. It is important that you understand the difference between good fats and bad fats. Try to add more monounsaturated fats (almonds, hazelnuts, peanut oil and olive oil) and polyunsaturated fats (walnuts, soybeans, sunflower, corn) in your diet. Avoid saturated fats (like red meat) and trans fat (like cookies, baked and fried foods) in your daily diet.